- Don’t move live fish from one location to another.
- Never use wild-caught baitfish in waters other than where they came from.
- Learn to identify invasive carp and the features that distinguish young carp from gizzard shad and other minnows.
- Drain lake or river water from live wells and bilges before leaving any body of water.
- Follow all state rules to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
- If you think you found an invasive carp, freeze the fish in a sealed plastic bag, note the date and location, and call your local department of natural resources or environmental quality.
(See contact information below.)