Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council's service area includes the water resources in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, and Emmet Counties. We are dedicated to preserving the heritage of Northern Michigan - a tradition built around our magnificent waters.
Water resources in our service area include:
- More than 2,500 miles of rivers and streams
- Multiple blue-ribbon trout streams
- 14 lakes larger than 1,000 acres
- 38 lakes between 100-1,000 acres
- 148 lakes that are less than 10 acres
- 363,998 acres of wetlands according to 2006 Landcover Statistics
We would like to recognize that our service area lies within the traditional homelands of the Anishinaabek. We will continue to work alongside them to honor and protect this area for the next seven generations.